Welcome to Elbow Valley West


Where is Elbow Valley West located and when was it established?

Elbow Valley West is located in Rocky View County on the south side of Highway 8 between Range Roads 31 & 32. It is situated five kilometers west of the Calgary city limits (intersection of 101st Street and Glenmore Trail) and 10 kilometers west of the intersection of Sarcee Trail and Glenmore Trail. Lots were sold in two tranches – 2004 and 2007. Land title registration was complete in 2008, and construction of houses began in 2009.


How is EVW incorporated?

The Developer is Peters Dewald Ltd. Rob Peters was the founder of Peters & Co., a financial services firm, and a controlling partner in the corporation that developed Elbow Valley. Jim Dewald is the Dean of the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary, and was also responsible for the Elbow Valley development.EVW is a bareland condominium corporation, which means the owners of the 115 lots in Elbow Valley West are part of an association that mutually own the common lands in the Elbow Valley West subdivision.


Are there architectural controls in Elbow Valley West?

Yes, the developer has appointed the noted architectural firm McDowell & Associates to ensure approved house designs meet rigorous architectural standards for design and function.


How many homes are there in Elbow Valley West?

There are approximately 118 lots ranging in size from .2 acres to 2 acres.


Does Elbow Valley West have full utility servicing?

Yes, water is provided by Westridge Water Co-Op, which also services Glencoe, Stonepine and Elbow Valley. Shaw Cable, Telus, Epcor and Direct Energy provide TV, telephone, electricity and natural gas. EVW is tied in to the Calgary Wastewater processing facility.  Utilities are billed by Rocky View County.


How much are the monthly condominium dues at EVW?

A Condominium Corporation has been formed and is responsible for collecting a fee of $240 per month. This fee covers common area repairs and upkeep including maintenance of common areas, grass cutting, weeding, tree pruning, pond maintenance, and snow removal from the roads and pathways. Also included is garbage removal and electrical fees for the lighting of the entrance monuments, as well as the maintenance of pathways.


Where can I get a copy of the Condominium Corporation budget?

Please contact Montgomery Ross for any Condominium Corporation Documents you may require.


What is going to happen in the future with Highway 8 and Glenmore Trail?

Engineering plans are complete to twin Highway 8 between Highway 22 through to 101st Street (the City limits). The Province of Alberta has not prioritized this twinning in its budget and it is not in its year capital plan. The expansion of Glenmore Trail between 101st Street and Sarcee Trail is an Alberta Transportation priority and is contingent on funding from the Province to complete Stoney Trail from the Trans Canada highway south, down 101st street to Glenmore Trail (immediately west of The Slopes). Traffic flow studies forecast the majority of truck traffic on Highway 8 will migrate to Stoney Trail once that ring road section is complete.


What about other housing developments west on Highway 8?

Land has been acquired between Range Road 32 to Range Road 34 on the south side by Qualico. Land has been acquired on the north side between Range Road 34 and Range Road 40 by Western Securities (the Gardner Lands). These lands may be developed if approved by Rocky View County and are likely contingent on the twinning of Highway 8 and the procurement of water licenses and sewage treatment approval from Rocky View County and the Province of Alberta. Further information is available through Rocky View County (www.rockyview.ca).Elbow Valley West has completed a noise study which forecasts that noise will not appreciate significantly upon twinning of Highway 8 given anticipated traffic patterns. A copy of this can be requested from the Elbow Valley West Condominium Corporation.


What about the proposed Highway 8 Regional Pathway?

The County is exploring the possibility of developing a multi-use pathway from the City of Calgary limits to Highway 22, along the Highway 8 corridor. Further information on this can be found here.One proposed Rocky View County design contemplates using the existing EVW walking path along Lott Creek Drive for pedestrians, and adding a two-way cycling lane along the north side of Lott Creek Drive.


What other amenities are there?

EVW has a beautiful network of bike and walking paths and open fields. On the west end is a family friendly playground, with the possibility of another one being built near West Meadows Estates Road.


Rocky View County Services and Schools

A new firehall was opened in 2012 adjacent to EVW, providing residents with peace of mind and insurance coverage benefits. Just east of the Firehall is a County-zoned school site. The nearby public schools are Elbow Valley Elementary and Springbank Middle and High Schools (ranked among the best in the Province). Private schools include Webber Academy, Rundle College, Calgary Academy, Calgary French and International School and the Waldorf School.



Nearby facilities include the Glencoe Golf & Country Club, Elbow Springs Golf Club, River Spirit Golf Club, Pinebrook Golf Club, and the Calgary Archery Club. Nearby Hiking and biking trails are abundant in Elbow Valley, Griffiths Woods, and Bragg Creek. Numerous horseback riding stables and equestrian facilities dot the Elbow Valley and Springbank area, and the beautiful Elbow River provides plenty of fishing and rafting opportunities. Calgary Olympic Park is only 12 minutes away.


Shopping & Restaurants

Aspen Landing (Safeway), West Springs (Co-op), West Market Square (Sunterra), Westhills and Signal Hill Shopping Centres (Superstore, Target, Winners & Cineplex Odeon) are all within 12 minutes of EVW. Casual and fine dining restaurants are abundant on the Westside and include Rouge Bistro, Redwater Grill, Mercato and among many others.


Are backyard fences allowed?

No, however dog runs, invisible dog fences and courtyard fencing is allowed.


Where can I get further information about EVW?

Property Management: Montgomery Ross & Associates

(403) 234-7556.

Ed Reynoso Garcia , ed.reynosogarcia@montgomeryross.ca

Comments are closed.